What to do?


I am using this blog as it was meant to be I suppose, to get my thoughts written down. One of the things I am questioning, is a pull back from social media, and the culture wars being fought on it.   The reason being, is that I am almost pathologically conflict averse, and the online fights send my anxiety levels through the roof. I already have anxiety and depression issues as it is, and I do not need anything to exacerbate them.

            This aversion to conflict I have does not play well with current political and online discourse on social media. It appears to me that invective and insult rule the day over compromise and nuance. Yes, I know that there are still articles that discuss things in a rational manner, but the comment sections are cesspools. I know I should stay out of comment sections, but human nature being what it is I cannot help my self.  I go in, find that the section is a seething cauldron of rage, and walk back out.  All of this leaves me anxious and depressed.

 
            I think overall I wish that people would realize that there is a person reading the words that are written. I guess it’s easy to be a jerk when you do not have to look the other person in the eye. At the end, I think on social media, I will look at cute pictures of cats.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last weekend

Well it was successfull