An update

Well, I guess I need to brush this thing off and actually use it.  It’s good writing practice, which I need especially now.

First I have some good news to share. I am officially a Grad Student at the University of Maryland Baltimore County, where I am seeking my Master of Arts in Historical studies.  My first semester started last week, and I am having a blast.  I already can tell how much more intense the work load is going to be as compared to Undergraduate studies.  

First there are the readings from what I have seen I will be reading at least five to six hundred pages a week, not counting research. Then there is the writing by my conservative estimate I will be writing approximately 5 to six pages a week, and that is not including assigned research papers and presentations. Plus, I am only going part time!

Here’s the thing though. I am looking forward to this work.  I see what’s being asked and why. It is not make work in the slightest, we are working not just with primary sources but with scholarship and the historiography behind it.  In fact, one of my classes is all about historiography and it’s various schools.  We are getting into the nitty gritty of History.

With all of that being said, I do have some possibly negative things happening. I am leaving my job.  Without putting too fine a point on it, I had to make a choice between working at my current job or Graduate school. I put in my notice, it was an easy choice to make. Yes I will be unemployed for the first time in six years, but I should find something soon I hope.


I am stepping of into the unknown on a grand new adventure.  I feel that I am finally going somewhere instead of just spinning my wheels too much.  There will be trials and troubles ahead  but with the support of my wife and family, I think I am on the right road.

Also I am looking at updating this thing more often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last weekend

Well it was successfull