Last night my co-workers and I had a send off for one of our teammates that is leaving for greener pastures. We went to Night shift, a strip club in Baltimore, and a good time was had by all. (I know, I know, I’m married. However, I went with my wife’s permission and blessing, without it I would not have gone, period. Some things to me are more important than a good time.)

I don’t go to strip clubs that often, maybe once every three years or so, because they really don’t appeal that much to me. Partially it’s the atmosphere, I don’t drink that often myself, and large groups of drunks are unappealing to say the least. Also, the clubs themselves are expensive, $3.25 for an 8oz cup of Coke, seriously. Lastly, I once stopped in a shabby club in DC for a beer, and noticed needle tracks on one of the dancers, I felt sick and dirty and left without finishing my beer.

I’m of two minds regarding strip clubs. I can see and understand the point that they objectify women. On the other hand I am of the belief that most of the dancers are doing it out of their own free will, and no one is forcing them to dance. Plus several of the dancers I’ve talked to said that they were happy doing it, in that case more power to them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last weekend

Well it was successfull