Been slacking on my promise to write something everyday, meh. Anyhow, the semester is over, and my overall GPA is a 3.5. I got an A in the lecture portion of the astronomy class which honestly surprised me, but I’m not complaining. This lowers my overall GPA from a 3.86 to a 3.85 and after discussions with Crisy and Mom I have decided not to retake the lab. Instead I will be focusing on transferring out of HCC to a four year school, which one? I do not know yet. I will have to visit schools and decide, that is one my projects for the summer.

On a related note, Crisy asked me if I wanted to join Mensa. I am easily smart enough if all the assessments and IQ tests I have taken over my life are correct, but honestly I have no real desire to join Mensa. The thing is, all of the Mensa groups and members I have come into contact with, do not do much of anything, save sit around and feel smugly superior because of how smart they are. I really do not need to join Mensa to feel smugly superior, I can do that on my own thank you very much.

Speaking of projects to pursue over the summer, I think I am to go after my CCNA. It can only help my career, such as it is, and it will help keep my mind focused on learning so I am prepared for classes in September.

As for the classes I am taking in the fall? Well it depends. I need a language credit to graduate with my AA degree. So I have to decide which to pursue. I believe the choices are: French, Italian, German, Chinese, and Spanish. Of those I think I would like French or German the best, but I am not sure. However, I am thinking of transferring to a four year school before I graduate and the degree program I pursue may not require a language credit . So decisions, decisions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last weekend

Well it was successfull